BARCODE / VISION SYSTEMS
What is barcode verification?
Barcode verification checks barcode quality and scan ability by examining the optical characteristics of the code according to industry standards and specifications based upon the ways that actual bar code scanners work. Bar code verification standards are set by international organisations (such as ISO) and industry groups (such as GS1 or HIBCC). Barcode verification is designed to be predictive of scanning success and is the only way to ensure 100% scans ability.
A barcode not scanning correctly can have serious effects ranging from manufacturing errors to production downtime. Verification gives you feedback about your bar code production process that you can use to control the process itself. Successful verification results ensure that a label or direct part marker is working properly and will be readable further on in the supply chain.
Contract and Industry Compliance
Many government agencies (such as the US FDA and DOD) and large retailers require barcodes that conform to industry standards. The only way to certify compliance to these standards is to demonstrate bar code quality through verification. Some industries require verification to a specific standard (typically an ISO standard).
Verification guarantees a first time scan rate. Correctly scanning barcodes will prevent fines from major retailers or production downtime. When barcodes do not scan correctly, the data has to be manually entered, opening up room for human error.
The INTEGRA 9510 barcode verifier is designed to ISO grade most 1D & 2D barcodes on various label sizes and finished products with flat or rounded sides. The Flat Bed Verifier Boasts a massive 7” x 5” field of view on the optional high density unit.
The LVS Flat Bed barcode Verifier is connected to a customer supplied PC via a USB cable and is designed to fully comply with the ISO/IEC standards. Place a barcode on the viewing stage and software does the rest. A NIST Traceable Calibrated Conformance test card is used for calibration.
INTEGRA 9510 barcode verifier
- Grade to ISO print quality standards for linear and 2D with one system
- Barcode verifier field of view range from 3” to over 6”
- Verify all common linear and 2D codes.
- Certified by GS1 US
- 21 CFR Part 11 compliant ready
- Inspects all 9 of the ISO (ANSI) parameters
- Plus added features of determining blemishes, opacity, and human readable validation
Rea Scan Check 3 Barcode Verifier
- Verifier in conformity with ISO/IEC 15426-1
- Contact-free linear scanning with laser technology
- Code verification to ISO/IEC 15416 or ANSI X3.182 standard
- Auto discrimination of the most important bar code symbologies
- Automatic code size and check digits monitoring
- Verification and visualization of quiet zones with an extended area
- Ratio monitoring for two bar width codes (e.g. Code 39, 2/5i
- Verification of GS1 General Specification requirement
- Verification / evaluation of GS1-128 data structure
- Multilingual reports and user interface